Friday, January 22, 2010

January 17

Align Left
...promise me you'll always remember: you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. -Christopher Robin to Pooh

there's few people I've met in my life thus far that have truly impressed me...especially those who after spending a lot of time with that I can still characterize as so. There are, of course, those who are smart, or fun, or funny, or interesting, or pretty, or anything else in the world worth admiring. But about 3 years ago, I met someone who truly was all these things all at the same time-- and yet was still so human. Its that humanness that makes me appreciate her even more.

In her weakest moments, she still impresses me with her resilience, her unwavering determination to love and love hard and not let anyone or anything change that about her. I like that, I respect that...to hope and give against all odds. The fact that she's smart without an inch of haughtiness --but rather-- really cares for the success of those around her. She would be patient just so she can help you share in the same experience. She's fun and funny without having to change herself to affect those around her. She embraces everything that interests her and well, made it definitely cool to be nerdy or different.

she listens when I whine, when I complain...even when she cant really listen to the same conversation for the 80th time, she is patient. At times, she makes me feel like the little things I enjoy aren't weird or my struggles arent so abnormal because she has this innate ability to understand despite when everyone else cant.

I love to let people know I think about them-- when I see something, experience them, when I miss them-- I tell them, show them-- I haven't met many people who does that-- who will stop in their tracks and simply say "hey, I thought of you"...and she does it. She brings mementos, she appreciates the interconnectivity of people's conversations with her, their interests and makes them feel at home in their own skin.

our disagreement regarding werewolves and vampires doesnt divide us, it brings us closer. And I'm really going to throw this out there...if I had a chance with my dream man...I'd introduce Jude to her. Man, that's a lot of love I have for this girl.

In a time when madness, insaneness, and stress ruled, she made it a better place by just being so. utterly. herself. Thank you for all the laughs, tears, conversations, ridiculousness and above all, for being in my life.

I hope you already knew all this, my sci-fri british fiend. And in case you didn't-- now you know.

happy birthday-- i wish you an amazing year. you are loved and this one's for you.





4 comments:

  1. EV.amazing. second year in a row you made me cry on or around my birthday. good thing they're "emotions-evoked-out-of-happiness" kinds of tears.

    you are an amazing person. i admire the way you reach out to people and keep them in your life, even as life goes at the speed of light. You never let us slip away. i constantly learn how to embrace my friends from you. you definitel keep our combined weirdness alive.

    i have always thought that you are like a drug. can't go for too long without an EV hit.

    thank you and you know i love you...such that...i would return Jude to you, complete with a care package.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what? all I heard was Jude and "package."

    ReplyDelete
  3. did i say "care package"? i meant... "love package." yeah. exactly.

    *sizzles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loves this. And so true...regarding the both of u!

    ReplyDelete